Thursday, October 7

Pesto Salad v1.0

When finished, it looks attractively like glop.
Tastes good, though.

If it's fast and tasty, it's my kind o' food.

This is just a simple thing I threw together that I thought was yummy. Kid doesn't like pesto. I have been eating once a day separately from her so it's a chance for me to eat the things I like that she doesn't (read: that's nearly everything).

dairy-free, gluten-free, high-protein, high-fat

6 hard boiled eggs
6oz cooked chicken breast, diced (you could probably use shrimp if you prefer)
6 scallions, diced
7 oz pesto
1 small jalapeno pepper, diced
~1/3 large red bell pepper, diced

Mix it together. Eat it. This is cooking at my level for sure!.

Servings:
normal world: 6
my normal world: 4

Click the numbers image to pop up one large enough to read.

1 comment:

Low Carbing It said...

Great Blog! I shall be saving you in my favs! Just started my own low carb journey & a blog to go with it-

http://carbfree.blogspot.com/